- Melbourne: CBD and Inner Suburbs
- Engineering Civil / structural engineering
- Full time
Join the workplace of the Engineers Australia 2021 Young Professional Engineer of the Year award winner for Victoria!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer with full experience to work on diverse and unique projects, while contributing to Vistek’s capabilities. This position will allow you to work on a wide range of multidisciplinary projects including high end residential structures, solid wood structures, sanitary, educational, community and industrial facilities.
Vistek is a structural engineering consulting firm offering design and consulting services to the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. We are very proficient in engineering design for conventional construction approaches. Our passion for sustainability also led us to adopt Mass Timber as an alternative approach to construction. Our goal is to develop deep relationships with our clients to enable us to bring real value to their businesses.
- Manage multiple projects throughout the lifecycle
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs for projects using materials such as reinforced concrete, steel, wood, precast concrete and masonry
- Maintain a high level of stakeholder satisfaction, establishing key relationships with affected parties
- Plan and manage resource allocation, budgets and project schedules
- Attend site inspections and project meetings, providing technical advice to stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- Qualified degree in civil or structural engineering
- Advantageous NER / CPEng / RBP status
- Previous experience as a structural engineer
- A passion for sustainability, unique and stimulating projects
- Experience working to Australian standards including those for timber, steel, concrete, composite and masonry structures
- Ability to use software including SpaceGass, AutoCAD, Strand7 and Structural Toolkit
- Really interested in end-to-end client management and working on various projects
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team
- A desire to learn and continue to develop your skills
This is a full-time opportunity in a flexible workplace that values work / life balance and invests in the development of our team. Applicants looking for part-time employment will also be considered. If you are passionate about the challenge of the status quo and about working in an innovative environment, this is an opportunity for you.