There are people who can visualize a space, and then there are others who cannot. Selling a property that has not yet been built is even more difficult. Buyers usually have to rely on floor plans alone, and for those who aren’t visionary, that can be a challenge.
But this situation is not limited to new construction; this is for every property we sell. Most people find the property online before deciding whether or not to view it. Providing a 3D floor plan where buyers can virtually immerse themselves in the space is key to ensuring that in-person viewing.
Why should you use 3D floor plans:
We all know that having a floor plan is essential if you want to increase the number of leads for your listing.
A two-dimensional floor plan is a flat AutoCAD plan, drawing, or diagram with no perspective or depth. A 3D plan, on the other hand, represents the layout of the building with height, depth and perspective. This immersive technology, combined with virtual staging, allows customers to visualize themselves living in this space by including distinct furniture to provide a sense of comfort and warmth to the interiors.
Additionally, using 3D floor plans can also:
- Helps make your ads stand out.
- Help you stand out to win more ads.
- Offer a true-to-life visual representation.
- Adapt the space to your preferences.
- Eliminates the need for interpretation.
- Save yourself the time of unnecessary visits.
- Increase the chances of selling online.
If you want to take advantage of all these benefits, start using 3D floor plans in your marketing.
Let me introduce you to these two amazing 3D floor plan platforms and how useful they are for your real estate marketing.
1. RoomSketcher and how it works
RoomSketcher is a powerful and easy-to-use online floor planning and interior design application that allows users to create virtual designs for their home. It has a built-in floor design tool that makes it easy to create. It offers plenty of ready-to-use furniture menus, as well as access to various design ideas, through accessible templates in its library. Drag and drop functionality has been integrated into the interface throughout the design.
Using RoomSketcher, users can visually walk through interactive 3D floor plans and quickly access a breathtaking 360 degree image of the designed space. It is ideal for developing 3D floor plans for your listings, and especially for new construction projects.
- It creates high resolution 3D floor plans in PNG, JPG and PDF formats.
- It has over 20 potential floor plan settings available to simplify the process.
- It gives you an authentic “feel” of the layout.
- It allows you to import a blueprint/2D floor plan to plot.
- It is reliable and efficient.
- There are a lot of features, so getting started can be a bit overwhelming. Start with the free version and go from there.
- The free version is limited and the Pro version is expensive but offers many features.
- RoomSketcher is not available on phones. It is only available on Mac, PC, iPad and Android tablets.
Note: You can test the simplicity of RoomSketcher by using the basic features of the free subscription, which are available to all users. For more advanced features, upgrade your subscription. The base price is $38 and the Pro is $99.
2. Houzz Pro and how it works
Houzz Pro is a comprehensive project management, marketing, and client management tool for the design and renovation industry, but can be adapted to our real estate needs.
Houzz Pro goes way beyond 3D floor plans and allows users to customize profiles and online marketing settings to generate leads. Additionally, users can use a central project portal to engage with clients, get estimates, and find proposal templates — this can be useful for agents who work extensively with developers on new construction projects.
- Your clients can experience not only 3D floor plans, but also an augmented reality tour of their future home.
- It allows you to modify every detail of your design.
- You can manage leads and projects on the go with the Houzz Pro mobile app available for iOS and Android.
- It has a lot of features and the learning curve can be a challenge, so start with the basics.
- Projects pages can be tricky to edit, but if you’re only using the program for 3D floor plans, it’s doable.
- The platform still has some quirks; not all features always appear on some pages.
Note: A free version is available. However, you will not have access to the main features with the free version. Houzz offers three subscription options starting at $65/month for the starter, $99/month for the essentials, and $399/month for the full version.
The bottom line
Allowing prospects to be able to “smell” the space they could potentially buy has really grown in popularity, becoming almost the norm. Familiarize yourself with these tools and start using immersive technology with 3D floor plans in your marketing strategy. You will be glad you did. This will generate more leads, sell your listings faster, and take your real estate business to the next level.