Jul 31, 2017
Sponsored by: Bentley Systems
Streamlined deliverable production and native support for multiple monitors are just two of the powerful features that will make your CAD life easier.
MicroStation from Bentley Systems, an advanced 3D parametric modeling solution, is packed with powerful features you won’t find in AutoCAD! Read on for more details. Editor’s Note: Click here or on the image below to view the information in infographic format.
1. Simple and flexible references. MicroStation’s referencing capabilities are far more flexible and easy to use than those of AutoCAD, including live referencing (one-click refresh) and nested referencing (where a drawing can be referenced to itself for things like creating details).
2. Independent sight control. This means that you can issue a command (i.e. Place Row) in a window and snap to a point in any other view without having to activate that view, which is particularly useful in 3D modeling workflows.
3. Referencing point clouds in native formats. In any of 13 formats (no conversion required), MicroStation can directly reference point cloud data with over 83 raster formats, as well as reality meshes produced from ordinary digital photos using the Bentley’s ContextCapture software.
4. Simplified documentation. Automate annotation, calendar creation and display of objects by leveraging property information / data associated with objects – extremely powerful for producing documentation from BIM models.
5. One-click publication of multiple sheets, including automated sheet indexing, while leveraging CAD standards models to ensure consistency and standards compliance.
6. Support for complex expressions for parametric constraints in 2D and 3D workflows.
7. Smart components. Create, use and share intelligent components, which can be designed so that a component can have several predefined variations to simplify management and speed up finding and using the right content during design.
8. Project-oriented and project-oriented templates and documents facilitate project-wide reporting, automatic use of standards, and streamlined sharing and collaboration workflows.
9. Native support for multiple monitors up to four screens.
ten. Automated drawing extracts. To improve the clarity of models and drawings and speed up drawing production, use automated workflows to create, access, and view dynamically updated drawing checkouts that can remain integrated and visible in 3D models themselves. You can also embed additional information or links to other file-based or web-accessible content directly into designs.