IOGEAR has announced a new mouse in its Kaliber Gaming peripheral line, the SYMMETER II optical mouse, and it supports ambidextrous use, custom weight, and more.
Priced at $ 49.95, the SYMMETER II combines a very comfortable ambidextrous design with button suppression panels, the aforementioned adjustable weighting system, and up to eight programmable buttons.
The SYMMETER II also comes with an optical sensor PMD3389, 256 KB of on-board memory and customizable RGB accent lighting. This can also be combined with the new extended SURFAS II Pro mouse pad from IOGEAR, so that you have maximum precision when gaming.
Here are some key specs:
- USB 2.0 eSports Professional Optical Gaming Mouse
- 8 programmable buttons with custom programming software
- Up to 16,000 dpi with on-the-fly adjustment
- Adjustable weight system for fine tuning
- Instantly switch between multiple profiles
The SYMMETRE II is now available to order on the official IOGEAR website, as well as at participating resellers.
Here is a complete sequence with the mouse:
Designed for gamers looking for the perfect mouse experience
Kaliber Gaming by IOGEAR SYMMETRE II? The Pro FPS Gaming Mouse gives PC and console gamers a truly customizable optical mouse experience. Designed for players of first-person shooters (FPS) like Call of Duty® and Battlefield® as well as third-person shooters (TPS) like Outriders® and Fortnite®, the SYMMETRE Wired Optical Gaming Mouse II, ready for eSports, combines an ambidextrous design with button removal panels, an adjustable weighting system and eight programmable buttons for macros and keyboard shortcuts to create the ultimate customizable mouse experience for the perfect feel for any player. With an adjustable 16,000 DPI optical chipset and RGB backlighting, use your mouse for the perfect feel and speed for any game.
In addition to gaming functions, SYMMETER II’s programmability can also make desktop functions quickly accessible by turning buttons into keyboard shortcuts to control media playback, insert text strings, or automatically open files or programs. SYMMETRE II can be a powerful Photoshop, AutoCAD, or Solidworks tool for creatives or optimized for financial programs.
- Ambidextrous Design – Featuring a completely ambidextrous design, the SYMMETRE II is a perfect partner for the left-handed player community. SYMMETER II includes magnetic removal panels for the thumb buttons located on either side of the mouse, so users can easily remove unused buttons and avoid distractions. The software interface allows functions to be moved or reprogrammed as needed to create dedicated right-handed or left-handed layouts with six, seven or eight buttons so all players can play their way.
- Optimized for Precision – Engineered for precision, the SYMMETRE II’s adjustable ultra-responsive 16,000 DPI optical chipset makes every shot incredibly precise. Program up to five different DPI settings and instantly switch between them with the push of a button.
- 8 Programmable Buttons – Increase your efficiency on the battlefield or simplify difficult real-world tasks using the 8 programmable buttons of the SYMMETER II. With the ability to configure each button for a different macro, shortcut, or custom key combination, you’ll get faster on the job and in the game.
- Adjustable Weights – Increase your speed or increase your control by changing the weight of your SYMMETRE II with the adjustable weight system. Add or subtract up to 20.3 grams to customize your mouse response to suit your playing style
- RGB Backlighting – Program the backlight to the RGB color of your choice, or cycle through multiple preset colors in a breathing pattern.
- Customizable Profiles for Work and Play – With 256KB of built-in memory, SYMMETER II is fully configurable with up to five (5) profiles for work or play. Configure numerous user-programmable functions with the software Kaliber Gaming UI to set mouse buttons to activate keyboard commands and create custom macros to activate special abilities, healing, etc.
It’s Niche Gamer Tech. In this column, we regularly cover tech and things related to the tech industry. Please leave feedback and let us know if there is any tech or story you would like us to cover!