Frederick Fisher and Partners (FF&P) has committed his practice to building the passion and energy of communities and organizations of all types around the world. Our studio is inspired by a wide range of aesthetic characters influenced by historical and cultural references, local context, intended use and integrated technology. Known for cultivating and enriching living, learning, cultural and working spaces in public and private atmospheres, FF&P projects are diversified while sharing a common approach of connecting people to their environment and to each other.
Our LA and NYC studios are led by seven associates who remain directly involved in the day-to-day nuances of the business and are essential to the development of project strategy and team organization. The partners, along with hand-picked designers, architects and project managers, represent the future of FF&P as a company that fully understands and values every team member. Our entire firm contributes to a continuous and shared dialogue on new ways of living, learning, working and discovering art and culture.
You are among the best and the brightest, but not in the conventional sense. While a passion for design and expertise in architectural practice are essential, you are also full of new ideas, eager to try new things, adaptable and flexible, and take initiative.
- Help shape a strong and clear vision for the project, including the coordination of all project efforts to ensure its actualization and effective execution
- Prepare strategic work plans, personnel projections, development schedules and project schedules to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects
- Prepare pre-project documentation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects: proposals and contracts, project schedules, strategic work plans, staff projections, development schedules and project programs
- Serve as a client / team liaison to complete projects on time, on budget and with maximum client satisfaction
- Supervise, interact with and coordinate the rest of the design team (including consultants) throughout the design process. Keep FF&P management regularly informed of the progress of the project
- Lead a project from start to finish, including jurisdictional reviews and plan audits
- Lead and occasionally assist in the production of working drawings in accordance with building codes
- Assist with construction related issues including field problem solving
- Assist and be ultimately responsible for the coordination of consultants on assigned projects
- Participate in office-wide project management and operations practice groups
- An experienced team builder who enjoys working with others to achieve individual and collective goals
- 10+ years of architectural experience with all aspects of professional services from schematic design to project close, including design and technical expertise
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- Architecture license and LEED accreditation are preferred, but not required
- Experience in building construction: building codes, structural systems and MEP, materials, FF&E, construction techniques and details, cost estimation
- Experience and knowledge of architectural design prioritized by a design first company
- Experience using BIM as a design and coordination tool
- A comprehensive understanding of project coordination and related requirements for all design disciplines to support project design, objectives and requirements, code compliance, jurisdictional reviews and permitting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- You are a problem solver who can anticipate needs, help make decisions and enjoy working collaboratively with others
- You have a great work ethic and can wear multiple hats. You may need to act as a team member in the absence of other team members. You may also be required to participate in certain aspects of the general management of the office
- You enjoy coaching your project teams and actively contributing to office-wide mentoring
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and MS Office
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible hours and half-day Fridays
- Medical, dental, vision, STD / LTD coverage
- 401 (k)
Please create 1 PDF with cover letter, curriculum vitae and sample work (both academic and professional). The file size should not exceed 5MB with the title “Senior Project Manager”.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we can only respond to candidates we wish to interview.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …