KA|Koch Architects is a full-service architectural firm with expertise in sustainable, modern residential projects and mid-century modern renovations. Our team is made up of a group of passionate visual thinkers who care deeply about creating authentic, well-crafted modern designs. Each project is carefully guided from an initial concept through all stages of design, document development and construction. Our office is located in West Berkeley, the office culture is laid back, friendly and collaborative while the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
With a number of exciting new projects underway, we have the opportunity for a candidate to lead a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process. We are looking for a candidate with an interest in business leadership and near future ownership. The ideal candidate is inspired by the heritage of Mid-Century Modern architecture and has knowledge of environmentally responsible design. Candidates must have exceptional communication and technical skills necessary to lead the execution of comprehensive construction document packages and perform construction administration services.
This is a full-time, on-site position for graduate candidates with a minimum of 8-10 years of architectural practice experience and ideally 5 years of custom residential experience. We are offering a $5,000 signing bonus.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Hands-on guidance of projects and team members, from schematics to construction administration
- Work with principal and team members to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, hand drawing)
- Create, edit and oversee the production of construction drawing sets
- Project correspondence, schedule and budget
- Code search (planning and construction)
- Research and specify materials and systems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited U.S. school of architecture
- Preferred CA License
- Candidate has advanced communication skills for client interaction and team leadership – ability to easily lead presentations with clients
- Previous experience coordinating work with consultants and contractors, including references that will speak to this ability
- Experience in construction administration on construction sites
- Knowledge of the CBC (California Building Code)
- Excellent graphic design, rendering and verbal communication skills are a must
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- PTO – Paid Leave – Vacation and Sick
- Health care plan
- 401K retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid vacation
- Architecture license support – ARE
How to register
Please send a single .pdf file with a cover letter, CV and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to [email protected] with “Sen PA” in the header. Max. 8MB size. No phone calls or appointments, please. We will respond to qualified applicants by email.
View your application history
Back to task list…