A mid-sized, award-winning architectural firm is looking for a motivated and highly organized project manager to join our team to manage an interesting long-term project overseeing a team of 2-3 junior architects. The successful candidate will have 5 to 7 years of experience and wishes to evolve with the company. Skill sets include the ability to generate schematic designs via CDs and provide construction administration. If you have the drive, experience and ability to work and guide a small team of energetic junior architects, coupled with a professional attitude and attention to detail, you may qualify for this opportunity.
We are small enough that your input shapes the outcome of projects and you will be recognized for the contributions you make. We are a committed and disciplined group of design professionals with a depth and diversity of experience that allows us to successfully handle a wide variety of project types. We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Essential Tasks and Qualifications
- Site survey / drafting of existing conditions in AutoCAD
- Design of architectural plans
- Preparation of construction files
- building administration
- Preparation of presentation materials
To join us, you must have the following abilities:
- Understanding of construction drawings, requirements and standards
- Technical expertise.
- Flexibility to go to the field as well as the office.
- Proficiency in all applicable software packages including but not limited to AutoCAD, Adobe CS Suite and MS Office. Experience with PlanGrid is a plus.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic, team spirit
- Ability to be flexible in multitasking and assignment adjustments.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and set priorities, meet deadlines, in a fast-paced environment with supervision.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Professional but friendly demeanor.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Proactive character and spirit of initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use judgment.
Please send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio and vaccination card, which are necessary to work for our firm. Non-national applicants must have a U.S. Work Authorization ID/Permit, valid for at least 1 year from date of hire.
David Smotrich & Partners LLP is a WBE and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status protected or qualified disabled person status, or any other protected characteristic. by applicable federal, state or local law. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit a cover letter, contact information, work samples, and proof of vaccinations to [email protected]
View your application history
Back to task list…