Irvine, California, United StatesSite:
Tue 26 Oct 21Posted on:
SMS Architects is hiring a mid-level project manager who will be based in our office located in Irvine, California. You will be called upon to coordinate all aspects of the projects and estimate the scope of work.
SMS Architects is a full service design company providing architectural, general planning, architectural / interior design, space planning, programming, historical and adaptive reuse projects in all phases design and construction. Our company designs many projects at different scales, ranging from leasehold improvements to major master plans.
Our “client-centric firm” is committed to delivering a project that reflects our client’s vision through a carefully tailored design process. Each project begins with a unique vision that provides a solid conceptual foundation, carefully guided through to completion. In doing so, we create an environment that tells a story about special spaces and places, where people want to shop, dine and interact.
We believe that the best design is the product of an open collaborative culture, where people come together and challenge each other. With a strong emphasis on primary implication, our staff collaborate with the most experienced hands to create inspired and site-specific design solutions.
Benefits of employment
At SMS Architects, we strongly focus on the development and success of our people. You will join a collaborative team with diverse skills and experiences. We provide consistent leadership and competent on-the-job training. Our staff maintains an open door policy that encourages interaction and discussion, encourages ideas to improve the workplace and increase productivity. We encourage all managers and supervisors to involve employees in creative problem solving. It is important to us that our staff members continue their education and grow with our company. SMS Architects also offers a 401K plan via ADP.
Has full responsibility for the management of all aspects of several small to medium-sized projects. Prepares strategic plans for the success of the project. Responsible for coordinating all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects. Serves as the primary liaison with the client to complete the schedule, budgets and scope of work and to client satisfaction. Actively manages budgets, schedules and client programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and the missions of the project team. Estimate fees, determine scope of work and prepare proposals and contracts.
- Prepare, plan, coordinate and monitor assigned large-scale workstation design and construction projects
- Perform an overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, staff performance) and regularly report on the progress of the project
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and on budget
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties / suppliers
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate auditing techniques
- Play a leading role in clearly defining and communicating all aspects of the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Monitor compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA / QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Regularly visit construction sites, proposed locations and meetings with customers
- 8+ years of experience
- License preferred, but not required
- Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program
- Project management certification an asset
- Experience in managing multiple small and large projects
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is preferred
- Time management skills
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle
View the history of your applications