New Orleans, LA, United StatesPlace:
Tue 20 Jul 21Posted on:
NANO LLC is an award-winning New Orleans-based company specializing in architecture, interior design and custom furniture. Our firm focuses on both residential and commercial architecture, whether new construction or renovations, in addition to historic renovations and interior design. We design for small, medium and large size projects.
Our employees are people who:
- Work to develop intelligent solutions to complex problems
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, but also know how to take a break if necessary
- Constantly seek opportunities for learning, passionate projects and personal and professional growth
- Concern for equity and diversity in their community and the well-being of strangers as well as friends and family
- Have a sense of humor, like pina coladas, get caught in the rain, and enjoy long walks through abandoned buildings
NANO LLC is currently looking to hire a Licensed Architectural Project Architect with over 8 years of project management experience to join our growing team in our MidCity office. This is an open-ended position and candidates must be able to work in person a minimum of 40 hours / week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client, team and project coordination including full coordination with structural, civil, MEP and landscape consultants
- Acts as a team leader on projects
- Facilitate meetings with clients and consultants
- Provide technical advice and develop innovative solutions for all levels of design challenges
- Maintain the organization of project files and specifications
- Generate and maintain design schedules
- Track and respect time and cost budgets
- Checks performed on field reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy
- Conduct research on the building code and the safety of people
- Develop and adhere to project design schedules and budgets to maintain business profitability goals
- Redline documents for team members and efficiently delegate tasks
- Respect and apply the organization, communication and writing standards of the company
- Lead communications and preparation of requests with relevant authorities
- Lead and manage construction administration, review and process bids, inquiries and substitution requests during construction
- Can participate in business development meetings with NANO partners
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and “lessons learned” sessions
- General office maintenance (filing, break room, building product resource library)
The successful candidate will have:
- Baccalaureate 5 years / Master 3 years in architecture
- Professional license required
- 8+ years of project management experience with an architectural firm, preferably on jobs with construction budgets of $ 10 million or more
- Attention to detail and strong team communication skills
- Working knowledge of Revit is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam Revu is preferred
- A passion to help solve problems and find alternative solutions
- Ability to translate design ideas into clear and concise construction details and documents
- Strong teamwork, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, construction and building structure
- Ability to take direction as well as delegate, take initiatives and work independently or in a team, depending on the type and scope of the project
NANO offers an hourly rate of pay based on experience, work samples and demonstrated capabilities, performance and advancement reviews are performed annually. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, eye care, life insurance, short term and long term disability, paid time off (PTO), paid time off, and a SimpleIRA matching pension plan. of the employer.
We support professional development and encourage our employees to become licensed and actively participate in the design and construction community. NANO offers reimbursement of eligible membership fees, certain professional licenses, programs or courses.
Throughout the year, NANO organizes and / or sponsors various activities with our team to strengthen internal and community relationships as well as to maintain our commitment to providing a positive and progressive work environment.
NANO LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal foreigner status, national origin, age, marital status and non-work-related physical or mental disability. , or protected veteran status.
Additionally, the hiring department will conduct interviews with qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such an interview should investigate a candidate’s criminal background. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation, including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Please email your to resume, list of projects, salary requirements and 4-5 work samples who must include at least a sample of construction documents or construction details to be [email protected]
All attachments must be in PDF format less than 10MB.
View the history of your applications