MKA is a small, award-winning architecture firm based in New York (Soho).
Our work includes new construction, renovation and historic restoration, focusing on non-profit clients with performing arts, university, community center and residential care facilities.
We are looking for a versatile Project Architect who is eager to design, work with consultants, meet clients, and see projects through to construction.
Qualified candidates will have:
– Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture. Architect’s license an asset.
– At least 4 years of relevant professional experience based in the United States with new construction and renovation projects.
– Strong design and technical skills. Ability to problem solve, develop creative design concepts and presentations, and translate them into well-coordinated construction documents.
– Proficiency in AutoCAD is required. Knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering in SketchUp, Rhino and Revit is a plus, not a prerequisite.
– Strong graphic presentation skills. Ability to communicate design ideas graphically, create conceptual designs and presentation drawings.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Focused and well-organized work ethic, with excellent time management skills.
– Flexibility; must be a team player who can handle multiple assignments.
– Basic knowledge of New York building codes and zoning is a plus.
– US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
Please send us a cover letter telling us how you would be a good fit. Responses without a cover letter will be rejected without review. Please send us your resume and work examples noting your role and responsibilities on each project (PDF format only please, 5MB max. Dropbox links accepted).
MKA offers reasonable working hours; hybrid remote / office work; paid vacation, sick leave and personal days; Supervision of displaced persons and exposure to extensive work experience; Competitive base salary and many great benefits including health insurance, profit sharing and 401 (k). The salary is commensurate with professional experience and demonstrated knowledge. Current residents of the New York area are preferred. No phone calls or unscheduled visits, please.
Send a cover letter, CV and work examples to [email protected]
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …