Frederick Fisher and Partners (FF&P) has committed his practice to building the passion and energy of communities and organizations of all types around the world. Our studio is inspired by a wide range of aesthetic characters influenced by historical and cultural references, local context, intended use and integrated technology. Known for cultivating and enriching living, learning, cultural and working spaces in public and private atmospheres, FF&P projects are diversified while sharing a common approach of connecting people to their environment and to each other.
Our LA and NYC studios are run by seven associates who remain directly involved in the day-to-day nuances of the business and are essential to the development of project strategy and team organization. The partners, along with hand-picked designers, architects and project managers, represent the future of FF&P as a company that fully understands and values every team member. Our entire firm contributes to a continuous and shared dialogue on new ways of living, learning, working and discovering art and culture.
You are among the best and the brightest, but not in the conventional sense. While a passion for design and expertise in architectural practice are essential, you are also full of new ideas, eager to try new things, adaptable and flexible, and take initiative.
- Play a leadership role in the development of the design, the preparation of a drawing set, the coordination of the design team and the production of deliverables throughout the design process.
- Assist and / or lead project management efforts on projects.
- Guide and supervise the junior members of the team.
- Lead construction administration, respond to RFIs, review bids, resolve construction issues and field issues.
- Coordination of consultants, including review of drawings and design integration.
- Experience in all aspects of professional services, from schematic design to project closure, with expertise in construction administration.
- 7 to 10 years of architectural experience, minimum.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution.
- Architecture license and LEED accreditation preferred, but not required.
- Experience in building construction: building codes, structural systems and MEP, FF&E, construction techniques and details.
- A comprehensive understanding of project coordination and related requirements for all design disciplines to support project design, objectives and requirements, code compliance, jurisdictional reviews, and licensing.
- Installation using Revit as a design and coordination tool.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office.
- Strong graphic, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and can perform without constant supervision.
- Problem solver who can anticipate needs, help make decisions and enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible hours and half-day Fridays
- Medical, dental, vision, STD / LTD coverage
- 401 (k)
Please create 1 PDF with cover letter, curriculum vitae and sample work (both academic and professional). File size should not exceed 5MB at [email protected] with the title “Project Architect / Construction Administration”.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we can only respond to candidates we wish to interview.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …