MFLA. Munden Fry Landscape Associates is seeking a full time Landscape Architect / Designer with 4 to 8 years of experience. The permit is a plus, but not required.
MFLA is seeking a mid-level staff member to design, manage and execute a diverse portfolio of projects in the private and public sectors, from schematic development to the administration phases of construction. The position will focus on serving our growing clientele of residential and hotel customers. Experience in this sector is therefore preferable. This person should have strong communication and technical skills and a solid knowledge of horticulture. Comfortable leading project meetings with key partners including architects, developers, residential customers and municipalities. This collaboration will extend to our internal team by guiding the development of graphics, specifications and construction details. The ability to meet various project deadlines while working with MFLA partners and designers is a must.
Applicants should be self-reliant, well-organized, collaborative, problem-solving capable, and have strong logistics skills. A solid understanding of complex project types and attention to detail are essential to ensure the integrity of the design and graphic consistency of each project.
MFLA is a landscape and urban design studio with operations in the Bay Area, Sonoma County and Europe. Our commissions include master planning, urban infill and redevelopment, mixed-use residences and businesses, parks, waterfront redevelopment, campuses, streetscapes, estates, wineries, estates agricultural and hospitality projects. We are a small, passionate team that draws on a creative and collective working environment to implement high quality designs for our clients. The Northern California Studio is an airy, open-plan space located in downtown Healdsburg, close to restaurants, cafes, bike paths, and bus routes. Another office is a San Francisco-based shared studio in the Mission District for employees located in the Bay Area.
- Design, manage and execute projects from schematic development to construction administration phases
- Client management and coordination: lead project meetings, presentations and site visits
- Guide and support team members in the execution of graphic representations, construction details
- Quality control and review of drawing sets
- Effective execution and supervision of project management related tasks including, but not limited to: invoicing, project budget, site research and material specifications
- Participation in weekly MFLA team meetings with project updates
- BA or MA in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a landscape architecture studio through all design phases
- Highly skilled in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), Modeling software (Rhino, SketchUp, Lumion), Microsoft Office
- Mastery of technical and construction drawing
- Strong horticultural knowledge
- Sketching and hand drawing skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with the project team and consultants
- Must reside within commuting distance of our Healdsburg and / or San Francisco office and have the ability to work remotely during the COVID19 pandemic.
- The candidate will be invited to work in the office in a hybrid capacity that aligns with state and county recommendations as well as the individual comfort level of employees.
- To the extent of experience.
- U.S. residency or citizenship status is required.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a brief cover letter, curriculum vitae and portfolio in pdf * format or a link to the portfolio to Amber Munden – [email protected] OR via the online application center of Archinect.
* Please limit the size of the portfolio to 6 MB. The preliminary selection of candidates will go through a first telephone interview.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …