New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Fri 24 Sep 21Posted on:
Junior interior designers for a top design company in New York
We’ve partnered with a renowned design firm that creates cohesive and beautiful spaces, whose obsession with contemporary beauty fuels their unique residential designs. With a constantly evolving portfolio, we immediately recruit two designers to join their New York studio.
As a Junior Interior Designer, you will support design development and all design staff in the delivery of projects, from design to shipping and installation, under close supervision.
Skills / qualifications required:
* 2 years of professional experience minimum
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp
* Adobe Creative Suite, with specific strength in InDesign and Photoshop
* A degree in interior design (or related field)
* Experience in high-end residential
* Demonstrated skills in graphic, oral and written communication
* Able to multitask in different deadlines, as well as effectively manage tasks and workload
* Know the best designers, galleries and sellers around the world
The candidates selected for this position:
* FF&E research and source and materials (architectural and decorative)
* Convey design intent by drafting furniture plans, elevations and details
* Design and detail custom furniture
* Throughout the project, liaise with the project manager, consultants, client and suppliers
* Support senior designers throughout the design process, through design development and execution / installation
* Use organized graphical forms to create client presentations
* Track process and project progress through maintenance of logs and records
* Accelerate and assist the purchasing phase
* Complete project administration requirements, such as creating and maintaining budgets
Successful applicants will play a varied role with the opportunity to learn from outstanding designers while working on stunning interiors. There is a clear path of progression with the opportunity to accelerate your career.
Please apply with your updated CV and portfolio with relevant examples of your work (less than 10MB) to [email protected]
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an in-depth discussion. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Urban acts as an employment agency with regard to this vacancy.
View the history of your applications