Design by Piccione
New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Wed 23 February ’22Posted on:
For a small and prestigious New York design firm dedicated to providing a full range of services, active in residential and commercial commissions, with an emphasis on context and program.
Current projects involve new construction, major renovations and interior fittings. Additionally, we offer curatorial and connoisseur services in fine and decorative arts.
We are looking for an entry-level associate to collaborate on architectural drawing and design supports. Due to preferred company size, the successful candidate will be intimately involved with the entire scope of work for a given project over time, rather than playing a siled role. This field of involvement includes surveying existing construction, drafting schematic designs and their precise reviews, developing product specifications, drawing all details in design documents, generating and maintaining schedules, contributing to site visits and progress meetings, and correspondence with external collaborators. as customers.
As such, we ask candidates to:
- Commit to a full-time schedule;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in architecture, although other design degrees are considered;
- Have previous experience working in a design practice, otherwise, creativity and technical merit will be considered;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe suite and Office suite (excellent drafting skills are essential);
- Be systematic and organized in the organization of his work;
- Ability to independently maintain priorities to meet deadlines and design decisions;
- Have a clear and communicative freehand drawing;
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate new design, building information and interior details in a drawn format;
In addition, we welcome the following people:
- Experience with Revit and Rhino + vRay, although other model rendering software will be considered;
- Proven experience in developing and reviewing millwork/shop drawings and construction documents;
- Solid knowledge of art history and contemporary art;
- Concentration and good mood.
We hope you will be drawn to both the responsibility and privilege of this position, and its integral role in a design practice. We will be happy to hear from you.
Position available for immediate hire.
View your application history
Back to task list…