Design by Piccione
New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Wed 6 April ’22Posted on:
For a small and prestigious New York design firm, dedicated to providing a full range of design services, active primarily in the highest echelon of residential commissions. Our work emphasizes context and program expressed in various vernacular languages.
Current projects involve new construction, major renovations and interior fittings. Additionally, we offer curatorial and connoisseur services in fine and decorative arts.
We are looking for an entry-level associate to collaborate on architectural drawing and design supports. Due to the preferred company size, the successful candidate will be intimately involved in a full range of work for a given project over time. This scope of involvement includes surveying existing construction, drafting schematic designs and their accurate reviews, creating presentation materials, drawing all details into design documents and generating and maintaining schedules. .
As such, we ask candidates to:
- Commit to a full-time schedule;
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, although other design degrees are considered;
- 0-2 years of work experience in a design practice, although other creative experience and technical merits are considered;
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe suite and Office suite (excellent drafting skills are essential);
- Be systematic and organized in the organization of his work;
- Ability to independently maintain priorities to meet deadlines and design decisions;
- Have clear and communicative freehand drawing skills;
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate new design, building information and interior details in a drawn format;
In addition, we welcome the following people:
- Experience with Rhino + vRay, although other model rendering software is considered;
- Proven experience in developing and reviewing millwork/shop drawings and construction documents;
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary art appreciated;
- Concentration, good humor and reliability.
We hope you will be drawn to both the responsibility and privilege of this position, and its integral role in a design practice. We will be happy to hear from you. Position available for immediate hire.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements and availability), resume and portfolio in PDF format to [email protected]
Applications without salary requirements and availability will not be considered.
Back to task list…