Reports to: Manager, Project Services.
Summary and objective of the position
- We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our team and support the strategic roadmap of our operations department.
- Responsibilities for this role include carrying out the preparation, planning, coordination and monitoring of assigned engineering projects at customer facilities to ensure optimum equipment performance and little or no stop.
- To be successful in this role, you should have strong project management, electrical and mechanical skills and be familiar with the production and manufacturing industry, particularly food and beverage.
- Prepare, plan, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects.
- Plan and lead pre-startup audits of completed projects at customer sites, manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) programs, establish procedures for performance testing after installation start-up to to ensure the client’s formal acceptance.
- Analyze projects, perform technical calculations, create project designs and models that meet project requirements.
- Develop project schedule, determine labor requirements, liaise with other departments for all necessary inputs/outputs, and monitor projects to ensure timely completion.
- Define a complete list of project equipment, materials and consumables to be acquired from external vendors and coordinate logistics support to ensure all items are delivered to site in a timely and safe manner.
- Develop a list of recommended spare parts for the customer’s plant on a schedule before and after installation and commissioning.
- Manage project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure implementation meets company standards.
- Control and monitor project expenditures, including verifying and verifying invoices and claims from contractors, suppliers and vendors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Lead onsite and offsite stakeholder meetings reviewing project progress, gaps, bottlenecks and changes while ensuring timely communication and documentation by following the change control process.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors comply with safety rules and regulations and always use applicable PPE to reduce the risk of incidents/accidents.
- Lead the risk assessment program for each project with the project team and other stakeholders to identify and provide countermeasures to mitigate identified risks.
- Recommend and implement post-installation training and support plans to customers.
- Maintain training matrix for team members.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Advanced degree in electrical and electronics, mechanics, production engineering or relevant course
- Membership in related professional bodies would be an advantage (COREN, NSE, PMI, etc.)
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as a project engineer, installation engineer in the FMCG, food and beverage or construction industry
- Familiarity with project management, electrical/mechanical design and implementation methods and practices
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in MS Office – Words/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Projects
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, E-Plan and other engineering software applications (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Ability to read technical drawings and schematics
- Creative and innovative
- Proactive, detail oriented and solution oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, independent and autonomous
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards and best practices is an advantage
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to consistently provide quality service
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.