San Francisco, California, United StatesPlace:
Mon 9 Aug ’21Posted on:
SmithGroup is an award-winning, integrated design multinational company with a team of 1,200 experts in 15 offices in the United States and China. We use research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their biggest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable and forward-looking solutions for healthcare providers, scientific and technological organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, amenities for use mixed and waterfront, as well as parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to design a better future – for our customers, our communities and our employees. Are you ready to help us make it happen?
The SmithGroup office in San Francisco, CA is seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer to join our team.
By working with us, you will:
- Be a key participant in the development of next-generation holistic designs for healing and safe environments for patients, families, physicians and staff across a range of types of healthcare projects.
- Be an interior-focused architect or designer with strong conceptual design skills.
- Work with senior interior designers to deepen design concepts and develop materials for presentation and implementation.
- Prepare, coordinate and complete sets of contractual documents.
- Create graphics and presentation materials.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations.
- Consult manufacturers, research and evaluate FF&E, materials and products.
- Help manage the scope, schedule, production and quality of the project within the expense parameters.
- Assist in construction administration, including responding to RFIs, preparing sketches and addenda, and visiting the construction site to gather information and / or prepare punch lists.
- Be responsible for meeting project deadlines and budget constraints.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or the equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work requiring independent judgment and act as coordinator and project manager.
- Ability to produce and coordinate a full set of construction documents for permit and tender.
- Experience in selecting materials, finishes and colors for healthcare environments.
- Experience in preparing furniture submission files.
- Architecture or interior design entry preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and AutoCAD programs.
Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking on the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including 401 (k) and continuing education reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year of employment, with the option to purchase additional time off, and pay 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternate work schedule that gives employees an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work / life balance.
Equal opportunities Employer / Veterans / People with disabilities
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or elder status. protected fighter and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability or a record of arrest / conviction. .