Berkeley, California, United StatesSite:
Thu Nov 4 21Posted on:
Studio KDA is an award-winning, 23-person design firm specializing in the design of multi-family homes, retail businesses and restaurants. We are known for our engaging and thoughtful design, our high level of service to our customers and a very pleasant and supportive work environment, including flexible working hours and the ability to work from any location.
We have an immediate need for a motivated, mid-level architect / project manager to assist with all phases of production, from feasibility studies to construction administration.
Ideal candidates should:
- Produce designs, illustration plans, diagrams, graphics and working drawings using CAD and BIM software (Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS6)
- Be able to put together well-coordinated sets of drawings
- Assist the Project Architect and Project Manager in coordinating consultant designs and specifications, participating in client meetings, managing work schedules and meeting budget constraints.
- Analyze building codes, space and site requirements, and other technical documents to determine their effect on architectural designs and implement accessibility requirements
- Have experience in construction details
- Have experience in construction administration
- Oversee the work of writers, reporting progress and issues to the project manager as needed.
- Autonomously solve the problems encountered
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture
- 5+ years of experience with similar types of projects
- Strong Revit skills preferred. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Excel, Word and Adobe CS.
- Ability to effectively prioritize the tasks to be accomplished
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills
- LEED accreditation and / or the path to licensure is a plus
We engage in professional development through mentoring and continuing education. Our staff have ample opportunity to grow and progress rapidly through demonstrated effort and success. Studio KDA offers competitive salaries and a full package of benefits including vacation, medical coverage, dental plan, 401 (k) plan, profit sharing, disability insurance and benefits program for commuters. As a collaborative, community-driven company, we provide the setting for social gatherings through Friday celebrations, an annual river excursion, as well as field trips and seminars.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …