UAP Company, LLC
New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Tue 9 Aug ’22Posted on:
PSU Productions, is looking for a full-time Designer | Advice on joining our busy foundry, located in Rock Tavern, New York.
PSU | Urban Art Projects believes that amazing things don’t just happen; they are created, nurtured, believed. Covering art, architecture, design, environments and everything in between – UAP works with artists and creatives to create amazing things all over the world. Visit uapcompany.com for more information.
UAP collaborates with emerging and renowned artists, architects, developers and designers; to produce creative results for the public domain. We engage in all aspects of the delivery process, from curatorial services and design development, to fabrication and installation. Visit uapcompany.com for more information.
Work directly with Associate Level Designers and Directors to execute the creative intent and vision for artwork proposals. Varying in starting points from a simple artist sketch to a 3D development project, a designer will support the development of iterative models for shop delivery strategies and take-offs used for price estimates, liaison with clients and direct coordination with artists and key creatives.
The ultimate goal of these efforts is to ensure that the artist’s vision and the creative integrity of the work are maintained through all phases of the project and that the art adds purpose to the public realm.
Ensure design deliverables support quality expectations for the project and broader UAP activity.
Collaborate with creatives during the introductory briefing phase of a project under the guidance of senior PSU staff.
- Execute the design process using commercial, program and technical expertise.
- Ensure that the design process recognizes current standards and codes of practice, where applicable.
- Maintain a consistent design product using company-provided templates and graphic standards.
- Ensure design information is of good quality and keeps pace with project timelines.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of UAP’s creative vision and strategy.
Support the proposal process, including estimate take-offs and internal coordination deliverables.
- Participate in conversations with suppliers and consultants.
- Produce accurate material and system takeoffs for detail coordination and pricing.
- Shop floor strategies with vendor teams for optimal accuracy and end result with an understanding of budget limits or goals.
- Provide iterative design intent model options and flag potential areas of risk or opportunity.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies that will benefit the UAP team in ongoing projects of a similar type.
Support tasks related to the production of technical drawing sets, including liaison with shop personnel and management teams.
- Resolve minor procedural issues when drawing typical details and highlight areas of concern with senior design staff.
- Proactively offer solutions in projects with short lead times to ensure deadline commitments are met.
- Participate in team meetings to present functional 3D models/drawing sets and effectively gather feedback and suggested changes.
- Maintain ownership of design files and work in an organized manner paying attention to good file organization and clean layer management.
- Participate in in-person or remote workshops and handover meetings in the next stages of project delivery.
- Experience in fine art, industrial design, architecture or related fields.
- Experience working in custom design domains with various integrations including specialty materials vendors, automation, lighting, manufacturing/manufacturing, AR/VR, and other similar industry consultants.
- Clear understanding of manufacturing methods and techniques with the ability to pick up preferred shop strategies.
- Excellent hands-on ability with Adobe Creative Suites, CAD software applications and Rhino. Working understanding and intermediate functionality in 3ds Max, SolidWorks and/or Sketchup. Parametric capabilities are a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of the creative, construction or manufacturing industries.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in design and construction methodology.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage workflow and productivity level while being assigned to multiple projects with concurrent deadlines.
- Intermediate level of use of the program in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to coordinate with design team leadership and present working models.
- Ability to present a professional image to clients and collaborators.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), paid time off, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, ESPP, annual bonuses and more. If you have the skills to excel in this role, we want to hear from you.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Designer | Consulting position.
UAP Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic such as defined by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply via the link: https://recruiting.paylocity.c…