Cornerstone Residential is a Wrightsville Beach-based design and drafting firm that designs for some of the top named builders in the area and has completed hundreds of custom home designs in Wilmington, Brunswick County and Hilton Head with a company sister, Design House. Cornerstone has been designing and drafting custom homes for over 20 years, with work often featured as part of the Parade of Homes and in Wrightsville Beach magazine. All work is done in the office with a small team of professionals passionate about residential design.
We are currently looking to hire a new team member who will be responsible for drafting hand drawn designs from our floor plan designers into AutoCAD, editing markup changes to client and builder designs and production of complete working sets of construction documents.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in residential architecture
- Minimum two (2) year associate degree with a focus in drafting, design or a related field
- Detailed knowledge of residential design, building components and construction methods
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the “dominoes” of design changes
- Strong desire to produce quality designs and documents
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once (our current designers average 6-9 projects per week)
- Complete builder and customer design annotations on existing plans
- Produce detailed construction documents for new and existing plans
- Work collaboratively to manage project documents, including follow-up with clients, builders and subcontractors such as engineers and landscapers
- Work independently with speed and precision to meet multiple deadlines on multiple projects at once
View your application history
Back to task list…