TruNest Autodesk is one of the best nesting software options out there because of its incredibly wide range of features and customization options. It can be easily used with materials ranging from thin sheet and fabric composites to thick plate materials.
What makes TruNest really great is its ability to program itself automatically and the fact that it has so many professional features.
Regarding data entry and compatibility, TruNest is fully compatible with CAD software like AutoCAD and Inventor, can read neutral CAD type files – DXF, IGES, STEP, DWG, XML, etc.
This software also offers direct translators for products such as Catia and NX, and uses an ODBC compatible architecture for seamless integration with your manufacturing software.
TruNest’s material optimization capabilities don’t disappoint either. For a more efficient workflow, you can use this software’s powerful nesting algorithms to nest your model perfectly and quickly, on any material.
You can run TruNest without actually being present in two different ways. You can use batch nesting processes to calculate the nesting process overnight or on days off. This allows you to operate your CNC machine unattended.
Earlier we mentioned the advanced features of Autodesk TruNest. Now let’s explore some of them:
- Common line cut – efficiently creates the nesting pattern by optimizing shared edges and allowing two parts to be freed with a single cut
- Head-down optimization – uses the optimization of the start location of the profiles to reduce indentations and large movements from one area to another
- Automatic tabulation – places tabs on the geometry
- Can be used with a wide range of machine tools – Plasma, OxyPlasma, Waterjet, Laser, Punch,
- Punch-laser combos and routers
- Can easily integrate with PLM, PDM, ERP and MRP systems
- Automated material handling and ordering
- Automatically create reports
There are several versions.
TruNest Composites – cutting of fabrics for composites:
- Flat splitting
- Fold cutters
- Customizable user interface
- Support for enterprise solutions
- Menu tree and ribbon control
- Grid controls
- Window controls
Contour TruNest – automatic nesting of various materials:
Can be used with laser, waterjet, plasma and oxy / plasma cutting machines. Adds new features to the Composites version:
- Translate part data from many sources
- Automatic part assembly
- Integration of Product Data Management (PDM)
- ERP / MRP system integration
- Engraving and labeling
TruNest Multi-Tool – for the nesting of routers and punches:
The tool allows you to program tool heads on punching machines, routers, etc. – contains all the features found in TruNest Contour and adds:
- Automatic tool cycle optimization
- Punching machines
- CNC routers
- Cutting saws
If you feel like all of this information is a bit overwhelming and you need a guide, you can find a good range of tutorials and how-tos on the official TruNest website.
TruNest is excellent nesting software that even has the ability to program itself automatically.