Autodesk has announced the release in 2022 of its Civil 3D and InfraWorks software
Distributed throughout Southern Africa by WorldsView, new features and software enhancements allow users to achieve more complex designs without compromising accuracy.
Civil 3D now includes improved features such as:
• Leveling optimization now adapts to user-imposed constraints, such as leveling and drainage elements.
• Users can now extract design data and export it to custom reports or AutoCAD tables, thanks to the improved user interface of Project Explorer. It will also support local languages now.
• Connected Alignment functionality now offers a wide range of geometric options, including multi-arc curves or spirals allowing users to design more complex road interchanges.
• Improvements to pressure networks allow the color and diameter of the compass to be specified when setting up a path-based pressure network. In addition, labels covering the pressure network can be easily created and vertical intersection points (PVIs) can be removed from the replaced station ranges for a cleaner design.
In addition to the Civil 3D enhancements, InfraWorks 2022 release now offers the following enhancements:
• An improved road decoration tool, supplemented by a large decoration library.
• Bridge girder modeling capabilities have been extended, allowing more complex parametric 3D bridge girders to be modeled.
“The 2022 software enhancements will give designers, engineers and contractors the tools to build better infrastructure with greater ease. The precision and control offered by the Autodesk suite sets it apart, ”said Chelsey Turner, Head of Infrastructure Marketing, WorldsView.