Who we are:
Rachel Conly Design LLC is an award-winning, women-owned residential design / build group specializing in high performance buildings in the Great Portland area. We create inspired spaces that are sustainable, efficient, healthy and comfortable, using thermal envelope and indoor air quality practices rooted in current building science standards.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for an optimistic and collaborative person with a degree in the field of architecture and 0-4 years of experience. We are looking for someone passionate about design and the planet and motivated to grow with our team.
What we offer:
We are a small, tight-knit team where you will have the opportunity to work on a daily basis with the director of the cabinet, Rachel Conly. We specialize in high performance, low carbon residential scale buildings, and you will be able to dive deep into the science of building. We are committed to providing professional training and supporting our designers throughout the professional licensing process. You will have the opportunity to grow, with increasing design and management responsibilities over time. As a design / build company working on a local scale, you will be able to see the projects you have designed throughout the build.
The necessary skills
A diploma in architecture (BA, BArch, MArch)
0-4 years of experience in the field of architecture
Excellent design ability
Comfortable with sketching and hand drawing
Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
Proficiency in AutoCad, ArchiCad, Microsoft Office (Enscape, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign an asset)
Strong interest in high performance buildings with a low carbon footprint
Strong interest in construction or design / build
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A positive attitude, roll up your sleeves and take the plunge
· Sense of humor
Measurement and drawing of existing conditions
License history and tax card search
Building code and zoning research
Project feasibility analysis
Work closely with a designer / project architect to draft and develop designs
Work closely with a project designer / architect to prepare construction and permit documents
Communications with manufacturers and engineers
Communications with the building and town planning departments
Contact and details:
· Our office is based in Peaks Island, ME, a 15 minute ferry ride from downtown Portland. We offer the option of working remotely, but applicants must be able to visit job sites in the greater Portland area on a regular basis.
· The pay range for this position is $ 22-28 / hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
· Comprehensive benefits include health insurance, pension plan, education and paid vacation.
· Letters of interest, CV and portfolio should be sent to [email protected]
· People of color, trans and gender nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, people from the LGBTQ + community and women are encouraged to apply. Rachel Conly Design LLC is committed to creating a fair, equitable and culturally diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability. , age or veteran status.
· Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
View the history of your applications