DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm of more than 160 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience in building the communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human growth and well-being. It’s the same Passion for the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) for more information.
We are currently looking for a ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER / DRAWER join our team in our PLEASANTON, CA Office. Working under the general direction of a senior member of the project team, our ideal candidate should fully understand all common aspects of architecture. This person will be responsible for the production and coordination of project design and / or construction documents, and will also assist project teams and other staff as directed. Experience in residential accommodation is appreciated.
- Independently perform a variety of tasks, requiring skill in all conventional aspects of architectural designs
- Coordinate and follow plans, elevations, sections, roofs and details
- Perform analyzes of design, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts
- Prepare project specifications, compile and analyze relevant data
- Review completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Respond to external consultants, as indicated
- Submit reports and specifications, as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, Revit / BIM, and AutoCAD; Adobe Design Suite experience desired
- Growing awareness of building code limits
- Willingness to work on a variety of building typologies and architectural styles
- Motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong following
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 2 to 4 years experience required.
- Experience in the production of residential projects appreciated.
- Graduated from NAAB accredited school of architecture in 4 or 5 years
- Commitment to their own professional growth; preferably to obtaining an architect’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any visa restrictions or sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the option to participate in the Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and 401k.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN is following all COVID-19 mandates, including health exams, vaccinations, and indoor masking as needed.
The candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for a work visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel suppliers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunities employer and participates in E-Verify.