Custom Build Homes (CBH) is looking to hire its lead architect. CBH is the UK’s leading national bespoke homebuilder, specializing in the design and delivery of multi-unit housing projects where buyers customize their homes to suit their needs.
As PropTech, our client proposition is developed to be almost entirely digital. Since our launch in January 2019, we have activated several development sites in partnership with landowners, local planning authorities, land developers and homebuilders, winning awards along the way.
CBH is growing rapidly and we operate in a rapidly developing, exciting and innovative part of the housing market, supported by an increasingly supportive government policy and fiscal stimulus framework, particularly in England, but also increasingly more in Scotland and Wales. England’s ‘Building Rights’ and the government’s ‘Building Aid’ (Help to Buy) stock loan scheme are driving consumer demand to build bespoke homes to new heights.
Our clients are wider, public and private landowners, local planning authorities, developers, as well as SMEs and volume house builders.
We are now looking for a Principal Architect to join our growing planning and design team who will help us advance our mission of enabling high quality, customizable homes that respond to local places and are designed for local people.
We are looking for a talented qualified architect with exceptional design skills and built project experience to work on several small to medium scale housing projects across the UK. Our preferred candidate will have experience leading and managing other team members.
Our preferred candidate will have experience in housing design and a passion for providing sustainable places across the UK that reflect the needs of local people. You will be responsible for delivering the design and should have demonstrable experience with pre- and post-planning phase projects.
- RIBA/RIAS/ARB registered architect with knowledge of self build or bespoke construction.
Experience in preparing and submitting development applications.
- Experience in residential design, including house design and general site planning.
- Exceptional design and creative problem-solving skills.
- Confident in the planning stages of the RIBA work.
- Good knowledge of UK building (domestic) regulations with demonstrated experience.
- Excellent use of AutoCAD. Advantageous to have knowledge of BIM software such as Revit, ArchiCAD or similar.
- Experience using InDesign (or similar software) to produce planning documents.
- Can demonstrate working as part of a team alongside multiple disciplines.
- Willing to coach and mentor other team members.
- Support the growth of bespoke homes across the UK.
- Develop the architectural voice within CBH and the wider industry (PR, public speaking, articles, industry presence).
- Confident in all stages of RIBA work.
- Knowledge of MMC or modular building construction systems.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience in Passivhaus or Fabric First Homes.
- Ability to produce 3D visuals for planning applications. Advantageous for demonstrating CGI capability.
- Keen interest in developing supply chains for our housing products.
Register your interest
If you think this role might be right for you and you want a position with great career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not show your interest?
Email us at [email protected] with a brief cover letter and your CV (formatted as a single PDF).
By submitting your application to us, you give CBH your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.