DAHLIN is a growing architectural and planning firm of more than 150 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience in building the communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human growth and well-being. It’s the same Passion for the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) for more information.
We are currently looking for a ARCHITECTURAL WORKING CAPTAIN join the Multi-Family team in our PLEASANTON, CA Office. Working under the direction of a senior member of the project team, this person will be responsible for the specific technical aspects of the design of an assigned major project, or several small projects, including investigation, evaluation and recommending design solutions that best meet the customer’s needs. Experience in residential housing is required.
- Provide professional architectural consultation from completion of design development to building permit submission and building administration
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Monitor budgets and timelines and maintain project documentation
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, external consultants and technical staff
- Supervision of technical staff and highlighting the work of others may be required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mastery of building codes, understanding of the different types of products and how the code determines how buildings are constructed.
- Strong skills in producing construction drawings from start to finish
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD and Revit / BIM; Adobe Design Suite experience desired
- Work experience in the construction phases of projects
- Motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team to coordinate with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and good following
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Able to provide effective and positive direction and lead architectural staff
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- 3+ years of experience, with at least 1 year as post captain required.
- Graduated from a NAAB accredited school of architecture in 4 or 5 years
- Commitment to their own professional growth; preferably to obtaining an architect’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any visa restrictions or sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the option to participate in a flexible pre-tax spending plan, employee stock purchase plan, and 401k.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Non-local applicants will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on the needs of the business. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for a work visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel suppliers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunities employer and participates in E-Verify.