Irvine, California, United StatesSite:
Wed Oct 6 21Posted on:
ShubinDonaldson is an award-winning and growing design firm comprised of 40 architects and designers, as well as support staff. Work in progress includes a diverse list of projects ranging from mixed-use, multi-family and office ground floor; creative office interiors; main offices and shell; retail stores; community centers and tailor-made residences. See our work at www.shubindonaldson.com
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER II
Lead the preparation of architectural presentations and production drawings, as well as participate in design studies and evaluation of design proposals under the direction of the Principal Designer or Project Architect. Requires at least five years of experience.
5-8 years of experience
This position is located in our Irvine, CA studio: 32 Executive Park Ste. 115 Irvine, California 92614
- Work with the Senior Designer or Senior Design Director on conceptual designs, presentations and production.
- Oversee project data collection and research; perform moderately complex to advanced code-specific calculations.
- Knowledge of design processes and building codes. Help manage the design process and supervise junior designers.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, physical models and presentation drawings as needed by the project.
- Solve design problems with creative and practical solutions; prepare complete designs from general drawings and instructions.
- Ability to independently coordinate consultants, manufacturers, suppliers and regulators to achieve overall project goals. Report progress to lead designer / lead design director.
- Perform architectural drafting as directed by the lead designer or project architect in accordance with company standards.
- Contribute to the activities, initiatives and programs of the office.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-8 years of experience on architectural projects
- Must be a self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team.
- Proficiency in 2D / 3D software including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Sketchup, Photoshop, Rhino and InDesign.
- Good understanding of construction materials and techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple or rapid projects.
- Strong graphics and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Bachelor of Architecture.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Long-term medical, dental and disability insurance is available to full-time employees on the first of the month following thirty days of employment. SD pays 100% of the above employee’s insurance! We also offer the option of contributing to our 401k plan after three months of service.
Those interested in applying to ShubinDonaldson can submit their applications electronically, noting the following requirements;
- In a single PDF attachment, include a one-page cover letter, your CV, and no more than twelve pages illustrating your best work.
- The PDF resolution can be optimized for a quality screen view and should benefit your work. Please do not exceed 10MB.
- Format the subject line as'[name]- [OC Designer II]-[school]’and leave the body of the email empty
All positions are intended to be full-time, and all applicants must have a commitment and the ability to work for at least one year. International applicants are responsible for obtaining the documents and authorizations required to work in the United States. We will not be able to respond personally to each candidate. If you haven’t been contacted after four months, you can reapply.
Submissions and inquiries can be directed to [email protected]
ShubinDonaldson participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States
View the history of your applications