Advanced manufacturing technologies take center stage
IMTS 2022 — The International Manufacturing Technology Show, taking place September 12-17 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, is packed with exhibits, talks, and other attractions focused on advanced manufacturing technologies.
IMTS 2022 will be the 33rd edition of North America’s premier manufacturing technology show. The 2018 edition hosted the largest number of exhibiting companies ever (2,563) and was the largest in number of registrations (129,415) and net square feet of exhibit space (1,424,232). ) at the McCormick Place complex. The International Manufacturing Technology Show is held every even year in Chicago and attracts buyers and sellers from 117 countries.
In 2022, more than 1,272 exhibitors from the manufacturing industry will showcase their productivity products and solutions. From September 12-17, creators, builders, sellers, and pilots of manufacturing technology come to connect and be inspired. In order to optimize visitors’ time at the show, the exhibitions are organized in Pavilions:
- Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing: For applications requiring high tolerance and precision surface finishing, this pavilion has the technology visitors need.
- Additive Manufacturing: Visitors see improvements in materials and processes that produce more industrial additive solutions than ever before.
- Controls and CAD-CAM: Visitors will learn to be part of the trend to further connect islands of digital data in a fully integrated solution, from design to performance, recycling and reuse.
- Manufacturing and Lasers: The latest technologies in manufacturing, laser and waterjet machining, plus exhibits of welding, metal processing and marking equipment
- Gear Generation: This pavilion features gear manufacturing equipment, such as gear hobbing, forming, and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping, and slotting machines.
- Machine/Cleaning/Environmental Components: Many exhibitors plan to focus on plug-and-play modularity, integrated automation, application of real-time data management to reduce consumable waste, and methods of cleaning that reduce user exposure and provide increased opportunities for recycling and recovery.
- Metal Removal: This pavilion is where visitors find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment, machining centers, turning centers, drilling, reaming, milling, EDM and more.
- Quality Assurance: This is where visitors find the metrology equipment and systems to keep your processes on track and find absolute confidence and security in the quality of their output.
- Tooling and clamping systems: latest tooling technology to maximize investment in machinery and equipment; state-of-the-art clamping systems are also featured in this area.
Where the Experts Meet
In addition to new manufacturing technologies, IMTS 2022 organizes conference sessions to deepen the knowledge of expert visitors on important technologies impacting efficiency and profits in manufacturing.
The IMTS 2022 conference is the oldest conference, which runs from Monday, September 12 to Thursday, September 15. Powered by AMT – the Association for Manufacturing Technology, which owns and operates IMTS, and GIE Media, the conference features Process Innovation, Factory Operations, Quality/Inspection, Automation, Improvement productivity, improving the quality of parts and developing a skilled workforce.
New events include the Women Make Manufacturing Move program, Investor Forum and Smart Sourcing Symposium.