New York, NY, United StatesPlace:
Tue 6 Jul 21Posted on:
Selldorf Architects is a 70-person architectural design firm founded by Annabelle Selldorf in New York in 1988. The firm creates public and private spaces that manifest a clear, modern sensibility to lasting impact. Since its creation, the guiding principles of the firm have been deeply rooted in humanism. At every scale and for every condition, Selldorf Architects designs for the individual experience. As a result, its work is animated – and completed – by those who use it. The company offers services in architectural design, interior design, exhibition design, master plan, landscape concepts and strategic planning.
Selldorf Architects is looking for a creative, focused and passionate individual who demonstrates a keen interest in working as a team on sophisticated and complex projects.
ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (OTHER OBLIGATIONS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
• Works from third party drawings and designs to prepare architectural drawings and renderings for presentation to partners, clients and government agencies.
• Innovates and creates with a strong conceptual design capacity and integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively advance the design of part of a project.
• Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of construction materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Able to develop technical strategies and effectively uses the appropriate tools to design and document at all phases of the project.
• Manages time and workload to meet deadlines and project task commitments with periodic interaction and direction from project managers
• Works closely with middle and senior level staff to review their work for design integrity, accuracy, precision, clarity and quality.
• Performs design calculations and conducts research while consulting with specialists for assistance in document preparation.
• Uses established Selldorf Architect techniques, procedures and equipment to prepare and / or correct construction documents, presentation drawings and architectural models.
• May inspect architectural features of field structures against construction documents.
• Committed to learning more about the field of architecture and design and integrating the knowledge into daily business practices, while sharing the knowledge with less experienced staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture required.
• 3 to 6 years of architectural experience required. Previous architectural experience will be considered in relation to compensation.
• Must have strong conceptual and design process skills and good problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required. Demonstrated experience using 3D modeling programs including Rhino and Revit / Enscape, as well as other graphics and rendering software.
• Ability to communicate by hand sketching required.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, visually, orally and in writing with the project team and the consultant in a timely and effective manner.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to perform tasks accurately and precisely and with great attention to detail.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as defined above.
• Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment, leading by example to others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
• Occasional internal travel may be requested.
• The architects of Selldorf offer a balance between professional and private life
• The firm focuses on the professional growth of each individual
• We are a focused and dedicated group that brings passion and integrity to our work.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio by email as a single PDF, no more than 3MB, to: [email protected]