Solidworks is another great bag template maker software option that lets you design backpacks and bags and offers a wide range of features.
You can use this software to design your project, simulate their use to detect possible problems, help you estimate production costs, and check if all manufacturing instructions are correct.
SolidWorks is available in 3 versions: Standard, Professional and Premium, each with its own features.
- The standard version of SolidWorks is a fully functional software, and allows you to perform stress tests on your project on parts only, and allows you to animate your project.
- The professional version of SolidWorks contains all the features of the previous version, also adds photo-realistic rendering and provides access to eDrawings Professional.
This version also has a standard library of parts that you can use by simply dragging and dropping them into your project – buckles, pins, straps, etc.
It also gives you access to the SolidWorks Costing tool, which helps you estimate costs for parts or the entire project, regardless of its size.
- The Premium version of SolidWorks includes all the features found in the professional version, and also gives you access to performing static, stress, motion analyzes and the ability to analyze individual parts.
Another great tool found in the Premium version is the Tol Analyst tool, which helps you define different sizing rules for elements. It also has a simple interface with eCAD which can work for electrical designs.
Here are some of the Best features found in SW:
- An intuitive user interface that doesn’t take a lot of time to learn
- Can create relationships between features and other ports – for example by connecting the width of your backpack strap with the buckle
- Excellent access to measurement tools, regardless of which pages are open
- 3D annotation – ability to add annotations directly to parts and assemblies
- Can publish your SolidWorks files to XR
- Can create training videos for users on how to best use your article
- Geometry and hierarchy of scenes
- Can change all aspects of the appearance of materials, but also textures / decals
- Full control over lights and cameras – lets you capture the best side of your project
- Custom properties by configuration, comments by node, by node and design tables
?? Download SolidWorks
Because designing bags and backpacks is hard work as it is, you can make things a lot easier by using specialized design software.
The list of the top 7 that we have presented in this article covers the needs of both experienced designers and those who are just starting their design saga.
If you are not very experienced in using CAD software, you might want to try out Marvelous Designer, Optitex by Efi, or Modo apps first as handbag design software options.
Due to their specialization in this area, it is much easier for you to learn all the steps of the creation process than in software that is not.
Even though they are simpler to use than the other CAD options presented in this article, these two options offer a wide range of features that cover all your design needs.
If you don’t mind having a bit of a steep learning curve, or if you already have experience using CAD software, you can jump right in and try Rhino or SolidWorks.
If you’re not sure which of these two to try first, we recommend using Rhino, as it allows you a bit more creative freedom, has high polygon modeling, and also offers great rendering capabilities.
We would love to know which software option you chose from this list and how it worked for you. Please let us know in the comments section below.